Wednesday 3 October 2012

Evaluation of Dave!




First, I will start off with the views of other people of the recording. They have said such things such as the story works quite well, the acting was really good, like in scenes in which the drunk tries to talk to “Dave” (Aka me), causing “Dave” To lean backwards as if he was saying “Who the hell are you?”. Other compliments were stuff like The transition of the scene in which the drunk enters the room an hits the table, Causing it to seem extremely fluent, The music Used was perfect for the thing, Seeming as if we were partially seeing it through the drunk’s eyes, and the camera angles used were great. I personally say that It was just a random as heck thing, and I just acted like I normally would.



There were some major downfall points, though. Several continuity issues were seen, like after the drunk lands on the table, his hand should be pointing outwards. However, in the next scene, his hand is missing from that position. Instead. It’s holding a bottle. The dissolve used just before the credits hit was kind of rubbish and there were things like the sound levels needing improvement, and we needed to stop looking at the camera as often, And finally, on the last scene, something in which I can agree on, It was too bright. In all seriousness, It made the outdoors seem like I was on the sun, or in heaven or something.
In my personal opinion, the Recording was quite good, we did have issues, causing it to seem a bit off. The issues do include a faulty tripod. But, we have to work with who and what we were given to work with, right? Not much we can do about that.
To me, the last scene, though funny, is a scene which will always annoy the hell out of me. The “Acting” was good; But the Light in the background makes me cringe. It’s just to bright to do anything, making the whole scene seem out of place. I am tempted to re-record the whole video again, but will go into more detail on this a lot later.
The editing however, that seemed to have goon quite well. The only issues I could have are only involving the fact I was ill in the last part of the editing, and the fact we still had a lot to learn.
Now, onto the topic I started earlier, About me re-recording the whole thing again? Well, I would do it, but not only to sort out the last scene, which had an extremely abysmal Lighting issue, But also to sort out some other issues earlier, I mean, the Looking in the camera was far too common, While I would have also fixed the continuity issues. And the last scene with the drunk, in which he walks away, seeming to sober up in the last few steps, but, that will be for a future project.

1 comment:

  1. Matthew,
    There are some nice uses of images to demonstrate examples in the text and you give one good, clear example of fluid continuity. However, a lot of the paragraphs include far too much slang and you are replacing opportunities to use media terms with words like 'rubbish' and 'random as heck'. A media student should know that nothing is ever random! Also, you are using capital letters mid-sentence when they are not needed. Try to write more formally in the future and remember, although this is a Blog, this is examined work and needs to be written in a formal style.
    EllieB

    ReplyDelete